Old 04-29-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Matthew123

Battling anxiety headaches and depression from quitting drinking

Hey my name is Matt and I’m 26. Today makes it a month sober from alcohol. I have been drinking regularly for about five years about five nights a week. I decided to quit alcohol when my anxiety came back. I haven’t hadAnxiety since I was 22. When my anxiety came back I quit cold turkey and at the same time I quit smoking marijuana and cut out caffeine because everything I did made me anxious.It is been a month now from today and I’m still having anxiety it’s been getting a little better .I’ve been prescribe Xanax. When I first got my anxiety I was taking a half a milligram 3 to 4 times a day, after my second week I made it down to two a day, my third week I made it 1 to 2 a day so for my fourth week I tried to go without it for a little bit. I made it to days without a Xanax and I was able to leave my house while doing it, it was a big accomplishment. But I still don’t feel back to normal. After those two days without Xanax I had a panic attack and I think it was withdraw from Xanax . I have read a lot of forms and looked up a lot of sites and I believe I’m going through postacute withdrawal syndrome. The first week from quitting drinking I was very emotional very anxious and very depressed. The second week I was still anxious but I got really bad brain fog, I went to the hospital to get a
Cat scan because I felt out of it. Everything turned out good and my blood work was good. So week three the brain fog is a little bit better and my anxiety is a little better and I’m barely feeling depressed at all. Week four when I go two days without my Xanax I feel depressed again and my head feels like it’s spinning and I thought it was a step back and I’ve been feeling bad all day today but still have not taken a Xanax yet. I guess what I want to know is, has anyone else had brain fog anxiety depression and headaches even a month after quitting, is this normal ? Maybe when I went to days without Xanax it brought back anxiety and depression but maybe not. I have only been taking Xanax for a month and I have been lowering my dosage each week.Can anyone relate to how long and the effects that I’m having with drinking or with the Xanax?