Thread: Take Your Pills
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Over prescribing meds in general is a big problem in this country. It used to be that people just kinda dealt with things. It's called life. Now there is a pill for everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm Bi-Polar and being on the correct medication has made a huge difference in my life. However people are often prescribed anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication just because they are feeling a bit down or a little nervous.

Doctors are firmly in the pockets of big pharma. They have to report any cash or other gifts that they receive and you can easily find out how much your doctor receives with a simple google search. There are a number of sites that track this and I'm not sure if one is any better than the other, but it is interesting information.

ADHD diagnosis really is a problem. Oftentimes schools just don't want to deal with the more wild kids. It is just easier to get them medicated. ADHD is a real diagnosis, my nephew has it and meds have made his life much more manageable. He would have violent episodes where he would spit at the teacher and just tear up the room. He felt terrible about it when he calmed down, but just couldn't control himself. But when kids are given meds that they don't need, it gets them in the mindset that everyone needs meds to live and more likely to abuse them