Old 09-24-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
I received this message from someone, and thought it best to respond here, since it may benefit others.

I come on here most days and read all the threads in the secular forum, hoping for a bit more inspiration I guess. My beast is still in control and until I believe I am stronger than it, I guess it will stay that way. It's always saying 'just one more night', you've still got time.
The Beast is talking to you, which is good. You are stronger than your Beast, however, which is just a stupid, dumb animal, and which knows only one answer to every question: drink/use! However, it is powerless, and it can't even wiggle your finger, only you can do that. If you haven't made a Big Plan yet, now is the time to do it.

Whenever you hear the Additive Voice talking to you, trying to coax you, repeat your Big Plan, which includes only five words ("I will never drink again"), and coincides with the number of fingers on your hand. Try saying each word once per finger, so that when you reach the word "never," your middle finger will stick up. A fitting message to the Beast.

Stay in the first pronoun, "I", as in "It wants to drink, but I never drink." Your Beast is not interested in what you have to say, so don't waste your time trying to argue with it or convince it that you shouldn't drink. If you try to argue with it, you are only giving it an opportunity to convince you to drink, so don't play by its rules. The only thing it understands is never.

Over time, as it gets used to its new master (you), it will settle down.