Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Runhappy

Firstly, thank you AVRT so much for starting this thread. I just got done with the book and my Big Plan started Sept 11. I am on the downhill part of withdrawals from opiates and I will never use again. I don't want to get deleted for posting this but for reference I would like to tell you that I went to rehab in 2001 and for 8 years worked a "program" for my addiction. However I always had trouble with the fact I did a Big Plan for cigarettes and that worked but felt compelled to comply with the steps for drugs. (didn't know I did a big plan for ciggarettes until I read Jacks book. But something in me always believed I could quit drugs the way I quit cigs. Make a decision of never again and just do it.

I am committed and doing fine. I love the AV techniques and recognize my Beast for sure!

There is one thing I am having difficulty with. The "don't count time" thing. I just thought 911 would be a cool date to quit. How do I forget about the time since last drug and date I quit? He (jack) really didn't address this topic and even to join this forum to read your posts I had to put my clean date in to become a member of sober recovery.