Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Absolutely. Behaviors like alcohol, smoking, drugs, gambling, etc. yep...big plan...knock it off. Couldn't agree more. I think other problematiic behaviors are trickier as they do call for some amount of moderating (eating, sex, spending). In other words, one has to navigate overeating or undereating while still consuming food. I think you said Trimpey addresses this in other books?
I'm glad I don't have those problems, besides possibly the amount of time I spend on the computer, which is difficult because I need the computer for work. I suppose you would have to draw a line, as in "I will not spend more than one hour a day devoted to leisure time on the computer," or "I will not spend more than $50 / month on shoes."

I haven't read the book "Taming the Feast Beast: How to Recognize the Voice of Fatness and End Your Struggle with Food Forever," nor do I intend to, since I don't need it. I do know that it was written prior to "The New Cure," and like the Small Book, contains some of Albert Ellis' ideas from REBT. I may go back through the Journal of Rational Recovery and read some of the articles on it, though.

For now, I can't properly speak to its content, however.