Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Since you see acknowledging a quit date or clean time as playing into the beast's hands....you might think that is the same for others across the board. I can see how you would think that.
I don't think this is true across the board.

I can also see how people become trapped in the dogma of the ideology. Fear of the beast winning reigns, so I must not question or deviate from any ideas presented. I must not count time. I must never attend a meeting. I must not use any terminology or phrases that even remotely smell like traditional recovery or...ugh the beast will win. For pete's sake....I refuse to live like that. I do not fear the beast.
My objection to certain terminology and rituals of recovery culture are not due to fear that I might drink again. I'm not going to explode into drunkenness if I go to meetings. :-)

I will never drink again. I will also acknowledge my quit date as I have for several years. I can do both and be successful.
I don't object to that any more than I object to others drinking, or not drinking, for that matter. If it is symbolic to you, then that is that. OTT was inquiring as to whether others did, though, so I explained why I do not.