Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Agreed. Walking free is what it's all about for me. I'm not going to pretend to know all the fine points of AVRT, but I do have an understanding. I think my main interest in it is that it so closely mirrors what I did when I quit drinking some years ago before I even knew anything about AVRT. I did what they told me to initially in treatment, and subsequently went to xx mtgs but that was just placating others and easing myself back into the real world from the fog, to be honest it was all just fluff because I already knew I was never going to drink again. I made a big plan on my own I suppose. It wasn't well received in the meetings but oh well I didn't lose any sleep over it...
While I employ parts of AVRT, I can't say I "do" it. I am allergic to dogma, so I have to be careful if I get to close to it. I know one thing and one thing only. I don't drink. Beyond that everything else changes.

If addiction recovery forums ever become a problem for me, I will make a new Big Plan:
"I will never spend time on a recovery forum again, and I will never change my mind !" :-)
LOL right on...embrace impermanance!