Old 09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Cerberus
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
So my question is this. What's wrong with meetings? Does this have to be a "loner" Big Plan? I've found meetings very helpful and for the most part enjoyable. Indeed, isn't this website, SR, a sort of a meeting? Am I not "meeting" with you and the others on this thread? I can't see how this does any harm or is somehow inconsistent with the basic principles of any Big Plan.

W.
Yes, I have though about this as well, although it is fairly obvious that SR, with the exception of this forum, is not intended as an alternate approach to recovery. I enjoy coming to this forum and the daily support threads with my july group, but I find the main forums a wee bit depressing at times. the same rehashing of the same issues by the same people and I have been thinking that is the part of groups that RR is talking about avoiding. I am glad SR is here, especially in the very early days- I learned a lot of stuff I actually didn't know. But sometimes the main forums make me feel depressed and somewhat hopeless so I generally avoid them unless something catches my eye.