Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I agree...I don't relying on my dentist's philosophies about life either...but often people in the throes of addiction are looking for answers, desperate for answers, not looking to get a tooth pulled. If can be confusing and mind boggling when you hear so many things defined as "the right way" or "the only way". That goes for RR, AA, any religion, politics, etc. That nonsense kept me in a place of being almost paralyzed to take any action at all toward my recovery. So fairly early on I just decided cut all the white noise and do what I needed to do that made me happy and able to function. Trimpey can't tell me what is right for me, Wilson can't tell me what is right for me, the church can't tell me what is right me me, and the aethists of america can't either. But I can glean much useful information from all of them and use all available resources to get what I need. On this journey, getting what I need continues to change because this goes far, far beyond "sobriety" for me...so I will continue to seek because it feels right and it works for me.

you guys are awesome.