Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Cerberus
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
To be frank, wellwisher, I wasn't going to bother with this until you told me that it would probably be a good idea to do so, and that "something" had to be done differently, or nothing would change. That got me thinking, and eventually I concluded that you were right. So, just for the record, those of you who like this thread should know that it was a devoted AA member who pushed me to do it.
I have no problems with AA, nor with people who find AA useful - my only problem is with evangelism. And even that I could handle if once I say, "thank you for your information, but it's not for me" that could be the end of that. It's the pushy evangelists that continue to preach and are intolerant of any other viewpoint that get me, and in my opinion, cause the drama. And this goes for zealots on either side of the argument.

Sharing of information, answering questions asked, that's awesome. trying to push your views as the only views - well there's no way I will stand for that because it's wrong and only my way is correct! (tongue firmly planted in cheek here, in case you couldn't tell)

So maybe the secular forum is just a very good way for us to lay low and have our discussions without drawing in the zealots. hopefully!