Old 08-25-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kiddo588 View Post
This AV talks to me right in the middle of me actually talking to someone today. I lost my train of thought and stopped talking. He told me that I can't be outgoing without him, lol. I feel this is my last power struggle with him as I have already beaten him in many ways...chores, errands, working out, ect.
I am generally guarded, and I don't like to "share" with people I don't trust. For many years, I enjoyed the lack of inhibition brought on by alcohol. Naturally, when I quit, I returned to my normal self, but I still hear the old AV at parties telling me how much easier it would be to socialize with a few drinks.

I just tell myself that, yes, while I would be more likely to talk if I had a few drinks, they would probably be the ramblings of a poisoned mind. I recognize the AV for what it is - the Beast trying to use my guarded personality as another excuse for IT to get loaded, remind myself that I never drink, and go about my business.