Old 08-23-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Cerberus
Eyes Open, No Fear

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
I just wanted to publicly thank Morning Glory for allowing this thread on here. I get the distinct impression that it would not have been possible without her. Hopefully we are not disrupting the rest of the forums too much, and people will continue to keep the discussion civil.
is this thread truly causing that much of an issue in the rest of the forums? I am fairly new here and trying to figure this place out. Perhaps I am just a bit too open minded then. Regardless, I am grateful for this thread as well.

I have just started reading Rational Recovery and I am stunned to realize that this is basically what I have been doing over the past few months. Just the thought of anything involving 12 steps shuts me down immediately and for a brief time I thought there may be something wrong with ME. Apparently not so much.

I also realized that I have used this method once before. I used to self injure and went for a few years just thinking that was the way I was and no sense in even fighting it. Much self exploration, defending each cut, trying to figure out what the f** was wrong with me and one day I just had enough, told myself that is it, I simply do not do this anymore and I never will again. That was about 8 years ago and much like quitting alcohol has been, it was easier than I ever thought. Every once in a long while the SI beast does creep up and remind me of the way I used to deal. But just like that I recognize it for what it is, feel whatever I am feeling and it is true again: I don't do that and I never will again.

This thread is super cool and dreamy (to quote Marsha Brady. man could I age myself a bit more please?) and I hope everyone keeps checking in. I look forward to reading the intelligent debate here