Old 08-14-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by MickeyAnMeisce View Post
If I understand correctly, AVRT requires that one pick a date on which one makes a solemn promise never to drink/use again for whatever reason. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tracked AVRT users to determine at the very least if any of them ever break the promise. It would seem that a program that makes no allowance whatsoever for relapse might not adequately address how one might begin again after relapse.
There is an outcome study published on the RR web site, which lists the abstinence rate at roughly 65%, but I can't link to it on account of SR rules. Personally, I am not inclined to put much weight on that study, though, and I would be curious as to larger studies myself. There are some mentioned in the "RR: The New Cure" book - I may try and track them down.

Looked at through the lens of AVRT, though, the question "What if I do decide to drink/use again, what then?" would be identified as the Addictive Voice itself, since it predicts future drinking/using. Still, some do certainly drink/use again. There is a lapse/relapse reconstruction sheet on pages 177-179 of the RR book, which is intended to identify how/why one was not able to dissociate from the AV.