Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

I'm going to entertain this one last time in the hopes that you are really not understanding why what you wrote was offensive and even somewhat arrogant: it does not come across as you genuinely stating you were off base for bringing up and pushing the "big plan" issue again with me (which is what you just stated you did, which to me is irrelevant anyway) when you end that very sentence with an inference that the reason you should not have pushed it is because I am in between binges. Who decides I am in between binges right now? You? Trimpey? Bill W.? That is what I took issue with, not you pushing a big plan. The big plan is really irrelevant to me and my philosophy on life, but I am glad it works for others. Regardless, I do not even care that you tried to push the Big Plan. I get that you like it and use it.

I am not irked in the slightest about you pushing a Big Plan - I see you subsrcibe to AVRT wholly and it has kept you sober. When you have brought it up before with me, I have never taken offense - I only got annoyed (today) by the arrogance behind the implication that because I do not have any desire to make some "big plan" that I am therefore "in between binges". I think you get irked when people do not buy all of AVRT hook, line and sinker (I have picked up on this before) and I think that is where the passive-aggressive comment came from - but I don't think you are willing to own up to that.

And again, you brought up me not having a Big Plan today. I didn't even mention it. I just asked a question about how the addictive voice can work.