Old 10-28-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
Which makes me think, if you can have a reversal of intent at the same time you have a Big Plan in place, how can Trimpey say there's nothing that can break a Big Plan? Yes, this is all AV typing (it's been a crazy week and the Beast is excited to poke at me with ideas for a "stress cure" but I don't intend to go about breaking my Big Plan...I don't much prefer the self-imprisonment of addiction), but I am kinda curious how that works anyway as long as that ******* brought it up...
Although the suggested wording of the Big Plan is fairly concise and airtight, it is nevertheless up to you to make a Big Plan that will stick. You have correctly recognized this analysis of the reversal of intent as your addictive voice, and you have the tools to deal with it now. What you do with that knowledge is entirely up to you.

Drinking again anyway is certainly an option, but you wouldn't be able to post "I had a relapse, I don't know what happened, the drinks just magically poured themselves down my throat" if you did. You would have to post "I recognized my AV, and I chose to drink anyway, which means that I did not mean it when I made a Big Plan."

You can probably guess how I would respond to such a post, but I'll just note that using AVRT between binges, without a solid Big Plan, is entirely self-defeating. You may as well choose tentative, trial basis sobriety in that case, with the ensuing white knuckles and all.

Best choices to you.