Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
flyawayfromhere

Well, I meant newbie as in the way that I haven't used the tools as much as others may have...not to say that I'd end up drinking anyway. That was my first real "My AV is trying to take me out" experience. So I panicked and used the Big Plan reaffirmation even though Addiction Diction and the Shifting were also available to me. Just like in the book how they urge you to practice and how this technique gets easier with time, that's kind of what I was referring to. Maybe there's no more "mysterious epiphanies" but I believe that you can sharpen your sword so to speak.

Also at times, I lack self confidence, so when you said what I should've done, (there's a psych term for this) I "somethinged" and said I was a newbie so as to deflect my shame from not being perfect. I'm really tired and that's what I'm psychoanalyzing myself "out loud" on the internet...I need sleep and I might not make it to 5:30pm. lol

And yes, lurkers please come talk. If you're interested in AVRT, posting and getting responses from others is very helpful...especially if you're a "runaway" from more common methods like me. There's no such thing as a stupid question...well there is, but not when you're learning something new anyway. lol