Old 10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by flyawayfromhere View Post
But anyway, with just a couple more chapters left in the book, I'd say anyone who thinks they don't need to read it, should get slapped across the head with it (yep, including myself). lol The second part goes into much more depth and that depth would've helped me out a lot before. Even with the addicto-depressive condition, I was like "Yeah, you drink and take anti-dpressants, you'll never feel better, duh." But the way Trimpey explained it about the Beast getting depressed and confusing the person it was in fact them that's depressed while sober, was very eye opening.
This bears repeating, April, and I thank you for stating it. "RR: TNC" is the culmination of a decade's worth of RR experience, and Mr. Trimpey does know what he's talking about. The problem, of course, is that you actually have to read the book, when sober, and sometimes twice, since the Beast can also read, and may prevent you from absorbing it all the first time around. I do hope that Mr. Trimpey someday gets around to updating it, as he has previously promised. There are a few things he left out, and that legacy of information needs to be made available for posterity, IMO.