Old 10-16-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post
I agree with failedtaper: I think that people ARE using AVRT every day, all the time, without knowing that they are doing so. After all, Trimpey says himself that all AVRT really is, is a description of how real people really quit, and the majority of people who quit don't avail themselves of treatment or any particular "program" whatsoever.
He does indeed.
Originally Posted by Jack Trimpey, Journal of Rational Recovery, Issue #38, Nov-Dec 1994

The emergence of AVRT is largely democratic, the result of strong support from addicted people themselves who have stressed its foremost importance in their own recovery. AVRT is a product of addicted people themselves, who reported their subjective experiences to a formerly-addicted person who was able to "hear" their unmistakable message.
Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post
In fact, even though I am a veteran of both AA and SMART, after learning more about AVRT I am realizing more and more that I did use the technique when I quit drinking, without knowing it.
AVRT is just the common thread of self-recovery, the nuts and bolts of quitting an addiction, without any extra fluff, provided in an educational format for contemporary use.