Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by oakwood View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this discussion; I've read the whole thing from beginning to end. It really makes sense to me.

So...I took the crash course and ordered the book. I'm currently reading the second part. I'm trying it every day, but I guess I'm just not quite getting it. I'll keep practicing, though.

At least I'm hopeful now that there might be a way out for me.
The second part of the book is the bulk of the material on AVRT. Make sure you don't skip the ACTION exercises or question sections at the end of each chapter, or at least go back to them after you finish reading the book. Be sure to also read the sample AVRT session transcript in Part III under the heading "The Case of Richard" on pages 274-291. I also recommend that you commit to memory Figure 5 on Page 190 ("The Relapse Anxiety Grid"), or at least bookmark it. If the plus and minus signs in the grid don't make much sense to you, replace "+" with and "-" with and you should get the idea.