Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
That's a great way of looking at it. Plus the Beast probably knows how strong my resolve is now and that I no longer want to drink so it's trying to use peer pressure to get me to do it. Nice try Beast, but you'll have to do a lot better than that.
Normal drinkers don't try and suck other people down into the gutter with them, but addicted people certainly do. Beasts like to seek out their own kind, run in packs, and try to bring down quarry. Picture a pack of wolves trying to bring down prey. Some people are all Beast, completely unaware of who is running the show, and their Beast will go on the attack when it senses a threat.

Their own Addictive Voice will say to them "that goody two-shoes Kanamit, he thinks he's better than us because he doesn't drink? We'll work on him, bring him down a peg, make him just like us. Then we won't have to look at our own drinking and feel bad, or worse, give up our precious, precious stuff."

Always remember that all Beasts are the same, and that your own Beast also likes to run in packs, where it feels safe, free from judgment. When your Beast senses another of its own kind calling, it will tug, like a dog on a leash trying to mingle with the neighbor's dogs. When your Beast does this, be sure to tug back. Forcefully.