Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Peta

Update

Hi everyone

I know we are not meant to be counting days but given this is my first week having made my Big Plan I thought I'd just fill you all in

Last Drunk on Sunday (had stumbled onto RR and the forums on Sunday) woke up on Monday feeling desperate, spoke to other women in the fellowship went to a 'meeting' and just felt more hopeless

Spent hours on Monday afternoon reading these threads and did the crash course (have since found TU's post about not making a Big Plan when being hung over,,, by Monday afternoon I wasnt so hung over anymore but in hindsight should probably have waited until Tuesday but HEY! it's been working for me and now I'm a NON drinker it's fairly irrelevant anyway - however interesting that my Beast piped up when I found that and was very quick to point out.. you did it all WRONG - may as well drink again and then wait two days after the drink to do the big plan if you still want to - so manipulative is my beast.

I can honestly say thats it's been so simple - YES I've had to deal with Beast attacks every few hours.. but the main thing I've been struggling with these past 4-5 days is feeling tired and almost flu/cold like symptoms which I presume are normal?

The main thing I feel is RELIEF to have a solution and so happy that I have time on my hands and dont have to throw myself onto a 'good recovery plan' which includes a meeting every day, another inventory blah blah blah

I'm not bashing (well maybe I am a little bit) but just sharing my own experience and relief that one thing didnt work for me and I know this will. I have total respect for people who make the other thing work for them but I feel like i've dodged a bullet I really do in that there is a way which doesnt = lifelong powerlessness and indoctrination.