Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Thrifty

I haven't faced the toasting with a drink at a social event yet. I will be able to handle it when it happens. I am sure that I will get alot of pleading from my beast when that happens but I will handle it.

I faced quite a bit of beast activity for the last couple of hours and I did separate from the beast, but there was so much "chatter" that I was finding it hard to distinguish between me and it at some points. I just got back from a doctors appointment and I was very nervous before the appointment and it didnt turn out to be nearly as bad as I thought that it would be. I have high blood pressure, but he's confident that we will be able to control it and it's a long way from giving me complications at the moment.

My beast immediately said, "see, you haven't screwed up your health that much, you can keep drinking". " your follow up visit isn't until three weeks from now, you can relax with a drink tonite and and start worrying about your diet and exercise tomorrow, you're only up to page 188 in the RR book after all, you can wait until you're completely done with it."

That line of "reasoning" went on for over an hour and has subsided since then. I know in the book he talks about the frequency, duration, etc of the beast's pleas. This has been the longest continuous stretch I have experience since I started to practice AVRT a little while ago. Anyone have experience dealing with such a continuous onslaught of the beast?