Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
I am so glad I got the RR book... if anyone is stalling on getting the book or not reading carefully through it, my advice is don't.
Like anything else, AVRT is a learned skill, and there is an initial learning curve. Yes, some people do in fact "get it" from the free materials, but the book is far more comprehensive, and considering that it costs $12 new, and less than half that used, it would be foolish not to get it. There are some good tips in this thread, and there are more I haven't posted, but they are not a replacement for reading the book. The Beast is quite comfortable with passivity and procrastination, and we won't be doing anyone any favors by spoon feeding them wisdom.

AVRT is not something that "works" on you and produces results, it is something that you learn and then put to use. Considering what is at stake, it is far better to actively and aggressively learn AVRT from the start than to go about it haphazardly. I recommend that people read the book, then this entire thread, from the beginning, and then read the book a second time, paying close attention to the exercises. By doing this, and posting questions, they should be able to get up to speed fairly quickly.