Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Thrifty

I thought I'd post if I got an insight or a lightbulb moment while reading the book. I figure it will help me when rereading this thread. So please bear with me if these posts come frequently at first. In my last post I said my hang up was in committing 100 percent to making a big plan and thanks to drivenheart (adorable kitty picture BTW) and reading 3 more pages of the book I think I can get what's going on.

Not committing to a big plan is also the voice and not me. The more you state the big plan "I will never drink and I will never change my mind", the more the beast will say "you just can't do that" . I thought I was getting pretty good at recognizing the voice, I just didn't think to apply it to the big plan, until just now.

I thought I was doomed to fail because "I" couldn't guarantee that I would never drink again..... "it" doesn't want me to ever say that or think that way . It's the worst possible thing "it" can possibly hear, so it pulls no punches. "It" even tries to make me think "I" am the one coming up with the doubt and not "it".