Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself I am new and this is my first post. I stumbled upon this thread yesterday while I was googling Rational Recovery. The discussion is amazing and so helpful.

I got interested in RR since obviously I am trying to beat this thing once and for all. I have been reading so many books on many different topics and was interested how the RR model is similar to Ekhart Tolle's views on addiction. Basically, Tolle says the beast is a primitive energy field that does whatever it can to survive, ie talk you into drinking in a million different ways.

He also says you need to become aware of it talking to you and separate from it completely. That really rang a bell for me.

I have just started reading through the posts from the first part of the discussion so I need some time to catch up. I have read the online AVRT crash course and have had some aha moments. I will order the book and start with that as well. I would like the to know what the links TU talked about are, but I can't pm you to ask for them until I have 5 posts. So if I don't hear from you, you will hear from me soon. I'd better get busy reading.
You, you will hear from me soon. I am so hopeful!