Old 12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
Now, I know the animal brain/Beast comparison is metaphorical so it's weird to think of my animal brain strategizing like some villain but then I think about the sex drive of males and the extent to which it controls their behavior and how they'll manipulate females to sleep with them. If the animal brain is responsible for that strategizing, then I suppose it could do the same with alcohol.
The midbrain is what generates survival appetites, such as those for breathing, drinking, eating, and reproduction. The Beast is a perverted survival drive, which also originates in the midbrain. The primitive brain is not, by itself, able to strategize, but by generating survival drives, can enlist all of your memories and intelligence towards getting what it wants. The example you gave of how the sex drive works is a very good demonstration of this. By itself, the body will simply generate a desire, but it is the animal voice (AV) which will organize your higher thinking to obtain what the body wants. Hunger alone won't get you fed, after all, and just wanting to sleep with someone doesn't mean it will happen. The Addictive Voice is simply a turbo-charged version of your animal voice.