Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

I sent a thank you email to Trimpey and noted how much I like to have my identity back with AVRT and this was the response...

"You’re very fortunate to learn about AVRT, because our health and social service systems actively suppresses informed consent to recovery group participation and addiction treatment services. You’re right, your original family identity is blooming once again, now that you are denying addict-identity. That means you’re again a family woman without the need for a surrogate family of substance abusers. Stay away from recovery groups of all kinds, set your confidence for lifetime abstinence arbitrarily at 100%, recognize all self-doubt as your Addictive Voice, and you'll do fine. Regardless of your circumstances, may you enjoy this holiday season as a celebration of the free will (not “will-power”) that has ended the bondage of your late addiction."

I hope sharing the emails isn't off topic, I'm just shocked at how nice the guy is (I'm a self-admitted skeptic when it comes to all people). lol Plus for anyone out there, it goes to show that if you'd like to maintain your original identity, AVRT is great for that...I'm really happy to be free of the shared identity I had before and am free from labeling myself as defective for the rest of my life. I'm just a non-drinker now...it's just "normal life minus alcohol"...that was all I ever wanted in the first place.