Old 12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
You may not want it, but your Beast certainly will, even if it is poison. The Beast is a misdirected survival drive, and it cannot understand that you may eventually die from drinking. All it knows is that drinking feels good, that not drinking feels bad, and that whatever feels really good is essential for survival.

AVRT will not remove the desire for alcohol, and even identifies such wishful thinking as the Addictive Voice itself. Remember the definition of the Addictive Voice: any thinking that supports, or even suggests, your future use of alcohol or drugs, ever. Wanting the desire for alcohol to be removed in order to be free from addiction fits the definition of the AV, for it implies that if desire exists, you are not free, and therefore may get drunk again. With AVRT, you are free if you want to be free, in spite of desire.
Hmmmm...So, you would deny the possibility of a state in which one simply has no AV?

As my opinion of alcohol changes so does the frequency and amplitude of AV activity change - specifically, it has become weaker and less prevalent in my life. With the tools I have at my disposal my AV is ill equipped to take me on these days. Is there no theoretical point at which the AV would disappear completely?

That being said I did detect some AV activity yesterday when I cam upon a bottle of scotch in my cupboard that I didn't realize was there. It was just a moment...a remembering that scotch was one of the drinks that I used to pretend to like. So, clearly I'm not there yet. I am much closer than I was 6 months ago though and I'm delighted with my progress!