Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Aussiebutterfly
Recovered with AVRT

jberk, I haven't read back to see if you've made your Big Plan or not. What are you plans for futher drinking/using? I made my BP before my book arrived, the book was just a bonus so I had more tools for the AVRT. As soon as I did the free online crash course on the RR site and decided with my BP firmly in place knowing I will never drink again then I quit my meetings. It only took minutes to know I was finally free, I haven't drank in months after drinking heavily every waking moment I possibly could for a around 20 yrs. There was no need to waste my time doing something I didn't want to be doing and I didn't really feel any benift even though I was giving it my best try. At that time I thought support groups were the only way to stay sober so I went along. I wish I'd known it was so easy sooner.

If you have made your Big Plan your beast will squrim but he can't hurt you, you are master of this body so just say Never! That is enough to show who is boss. Aways remember there is no need to be in dialogue with the beast since if your aren't drinking/using EVER again there is nothing to discuss. It's final!

I felt those twinges too but I'm guessing mine were from being excited I can get on with my life and be with my family instead of at multiple meetings every day for the rest of my life. We weren't there for our loved ones when we were smashed so isn't it time to think of them and give them back the person they loved?

My life has changed already. My husband is not scared to take me on business dinners, camping, holidays etc.. and I know things are only going to keep getting better. I'm concentrating on eating right and excercise instead of when I can fit another glass or ten in.

Anyone that really WANTS to do this can but you have to want it or it's not going to work for you... best to go take another drink and come back when you really want to stop.

At the moment I have subscibed to the RR website. There is a very small fee and it's good to just check it out for a month or two then move on. I spent way more drinking in a week and even at meetings all those $1's add up and the books I bought weren't free although one was given to me. There is no need to spend money on the class or CD's unless you really don't get it by reading alone which I'm sure you will. If it could sink in with me after all the damage I'm sure my brain recieved then anyone can do it.

Good luck. I can't recommend AVRT enough!