Old 04-29-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I definitely think this is true because having successfully quit for 10 years on my own, I did some separating stuff, not battling, etc and really never thought I would drink again. No big plan per se because I didn't know what that was, but I was a non-drinker. After all that time, I did give in to the AV and drink again, quickly becoming readdicted...for 7 years. I know now that I did not fully grasp the nuances of the AV. Ahhh hindsight lol
That time I had to be medically detoxed (ok and protected from myself) and even though I went to treatment, I quit the same way as before. I had that same mental shift, the switch being flipped and it was done. I learned about RR a year or maybe two after I had quit and even then just sort of said "yea, I get what that's about" but I am glad I have learned more about AVRT here for the fine tuning. It's helpful and important for someone like me who has had a "reversal of intent".
and , TU, eventually I'll actually read the whole book
I ordered the book on Amazon but mistakenly had it delivered to a friend on the other side of the country. Oops. She's never said anything about it...maybe she just thought I was trying to help her out...

I was going to order it again but just never got around to it...once my big plan came together for real it just felt like I was going to be okay.