Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

How to feel better is not in AVRT, but using AVRT can plow a road to that destination

Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
Sorry I didn't mean replicate the drug-induced high. Rather, moving from the negative to positive feeling when you decide you're going to drink.
Words are important here, so it's good this is written down.

The best hope "When you decide you're going to drink", is that you enjoy the deep pleasure we all remember, nothing bad happens, and you come out the other end in as good a shape as possible.

Addicted people who decide to drink/use do not have a Big Plan, and are not using AVRT. I think it is meaningless to focus on "moving from negative to positive feeling when you decide you're going to drink" because all such human feeling is about to be overwhelmed by the tsunami of chemically enhanced stupidity.

Kanamit, your other question on "...how you could get those good feelings without going out and getting a drink" also has nothing to do with AVRT.

I believe there are a finite number of types of feelings people can have, but I also believe there are virtually an infinite number of ways that those feelings can be elicited. To me, one aspect of having a fulfilling life involves working to expand the number of ways I can experience good feelings, and it's become obvious to me only I can direct that expansion. So, you have a good question, but I don't think it makes sense to give it more coverage than this on the AVRT thread.

Kanamit, you posted the AVRT Matrix on this thread about two months ago (post #19).

That simple diagram is the AVRT tool to use to recognize the AV in real time as we get on with life, which may or may not include expanding (or concentrating) the ways we feel humanly good.

AVRT will plow the AV off any road you want to take anytime to anywhere.