Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
vinyl

Hey guys, I just wanted to check in and say hi. AVRT is the method of recovery I've chosen and TU has encouraged me to post in here more, so here I am. I'm going to read more in here and learn from you guys. I know it's not the best idea to count days but I'm 9 days sober today. I was 18 days sober before that, until I slipped.

So I've made my decision to never drink again and never change my mind. My commitment is undeterred and I'm done drinking alcohol forever. My resolve is sincere and I'll do whatever it takes to never drink again. I'm fine tuning my ability to hear my AV and insure every time it raises it's ugly head I'm listening to the way it undermines me and does it's best to kill me. I've been following that voice through, and it's pretty clear it wants me dead. Well, I don't want to die so it's voice will never win over my decision making.

By the way, not sure if this happens much to you guys, but the last 5 days the AV hasn't popped it's head up even once. Very strange, but it hasn't even popped into my head at all. I figure it's just hiding in a bush somewhere ready to pounce when I'm least expecting it. I'll be ready when it does.

Thanks for listening. Stay strong guys.