Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Peta View Post
I feel like a bit of a fraud with the big plan thing because I'm saying to myself IT's IRREVERSIBLE, FINAL, PERMANENT

but the beast knows that's not the case.. or is trying to tell me thats not the case because I drank last time??
Your AV will try to use all the previous failed attempts as "proof" that you are incompetent to stay sober. It will tell you that you are lying to yourself, which isn't possible, since it takes two people to lie. In order for a lie to work, the person hearing the lie needs to not already know the truth, but you already know what you intend to do. There is no need to build a defense, since you are the ultimate authority.

This is because the Beast can't do anything on its own, any more than your liver can. It can't go to the liquor store, order a drink, count the money, pay for it, and pour it down your throat. It has to convince you to do that, and if you aren't going to do that anymore, then that's just too bad for Mrs. Beast. Poor thing.

It might help to bring in the moral axis to this drinking thing in order to really pop the screws to the Beast. In other words, is it right or wrong for you to drink? If it is wrong, just how wrong is it? A little bit wrong, like fibbing, or very wrong, like stealing? I can't answer that for you, but if you can see that drinking is always wrong, the AV becomes an immoral proposition, easily recognized.

Remember also that AVRT is a NOW approach, so even though the AV will try to argue that "you can say that now, but I'll get you then," when then actually arrives, it will still be now. "I will never drink again" is equivalent to "I will never drink in the present moment." See this post on static time:

See also "Listen for the Echo" on Page 141-143 and "Mr. Beast, Esq." on page 172.