Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

No I won't ever change my mind. It may be my accented English you're hearing through my typing, though I assure you my English is as fluent or more so than my French, and for me technically as well as literally, "won't ever" means "will never".

I'm not sure it's really a turnaround from my previous posts, what I was looking for was to understand something I had never encountered as a program. It is however completely in line with my thinking now, and when I first started with SR. But until I found the Secular Section I had BIG problems with SR. I was told I was "terminally unique." So I landed in Secular, termed myself a "non-drinker" and managed on and off the wagon, for a few years, always coming back to SR when I was disgusted with myself. So this time I found something I can live with. I won't need a spiritual awakening, or a higher power, or even a Big Plan (which is something I really like in Trimpey's book, there are no obligations except to quit). I do have a Big Plan however, since it isn't an obligation.

I have never been depressive, I've never had "problems" I didn't think I could handle, nothing made me drink, nothing pushed me to it, no underlying worries or illnesses, no abuse, nothing. I drank for pleasure or for fun, and I started drinking for the same reason or perhaps because I thought it was glamorous, I watched too many movies with good-looking men and women who always floated across rooms with a cocktail in their hands. Whatever it was, it's no longer fun, I find no pleasure in drinking and the next day is always agonizing.

I will be very careful since I'm already not really sure what you mean by "shifting", "agressive listening" and "felt presence" I've probably read it already but I was skimming through the book as fast as I could to get to the part about the Big Plan so I could have one then stop procrastinating. I'll be reading more thoroughly now and I'll be skipping all the parts about "unlearning AA" which I never learned anyway. They seemed to detract from the major points anyway.

I thank all the Secular Connections for their posts concerning AVRT, I'm still slowly getting through Part 1 but it's a great help for me.