Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
I won't ever drink again.
Will you ever change your mind? Make sure that's not your AV jumping in and changing the words of the Big Plan around to soften it up, which is common. Technically, "won't ever" means the same thing as "will never," but this nevertheless stood out for me for some reason.

Quite the turnaround from your previous posts, though, californiapoppy. Good for you! No need to delay. There is some good material in the chapters ahead on the addicto-depressive condition, the felt presence, aggressive listening, and shifting. Shifting is possibly as important as the I/It separation, so spend some time on that. The AVRT Matrix is useful for the shifting exercises, so you may want to print that out. I glued a copy of it at the end of the chapter on the Big Plan, at the bottom of page 147, which has enough space for it.

AVRT Matrix —

Pay attention to the recoil from your Big Plan, and to your thoughts and feelings in the days ahead. Your AV may reorganize itself as a result of what you've read, since some of the usual tricks won't work anymore, and it may try some "new" tactics. The Beast has no choice but to do this, so just be aware of that. Otherwise, set your confidence level for lifetime abstinence arbitrarily at 100%, and recognize all self-doubt as the addictive voice itself.