Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Thank you again for your explanations. I do plan on reading and rereading the book many times. I did need the clarifications you've just provided. I will make a big plan, but I do want to finish reading and understand completely what this is about.
I have already gone through promising myself that I won't ever drink again. I've never been able to do AA, so I've always been on my own for stopping. I've always believed that I was a sort of Dr Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde, and I always knew that I would eventually win the battle, preferably before hitting rock bottom. I also thought that I always honored my promises, so I promised myself I would never drink again. That one didn't work and it sort of shook my foundations, I don't believe myself anymore. If I think on the lines of AVRT, it was Mrs Hyde doing was Mrs Hyde needs to do? Where was Dr Jekyll? Dr Jekyll was convinced she was Mrs Hyde...

I 'm going to need to do a lot of reading and rereading to really grasp this, it seems like second nature to you. But without a doubt, this is THE way to stop. I finally have a program that follows my way of thinking.