Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Bob36

I don't belong anywhere- so its not much of a change- I don't know how it was for you- but I am getting the most flack from the people I am cutting off/re arranging my relations with. My message has been pretty simple and non judgmental- I can't hang if you are on dope- Im not on dope and never will be again. The rage coming back at me is understandable on one level- But the machinations are as disheartening as they are interesting- its like watching a car wreck.
Im going to a meeting tonight more or less to meet up with one of the people who was helpful to begin with- to thank him. The cognitive dissonance belongs to them not me- I am secure in my recovery- even at this brief point of time. Dope for me was a means of denying responsibility for my talents and strengths. Im enjoying sobriety a lot. I can't see changing that or needing to go (or not go) to meetings. But I do respect people who do the best they can with the info they have. I had never heard of this technique and was a little uncomfortable with 12 steps to begin with. I was just ready to do what it took.