Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
RE: Pet names for The Beast

The only part where I am hazy is how do you recognize that part of yourself as something else... telling myself that I do not want a drink it "the beast" (I was calling mine Tom last night) wants a drink.
This was posted elsewhere on the forum, and prompted another thought. People are often tempted to give The Beast a nice, soft, endearing pet name. This doesn't do it justice, and I advise against it. The Beast is a ruthless, perverted survival drive turned death drive that will literally put you six feet under if you let it.

Remember also that the Beast first and foremost needs to avoid being seen for what it is in order to survive, so calling it something like "the little toddler" isn't going to help matters. I use Beast or 'IT' myself, and for the purposes of this thread, that is best, but 'Parasite' might also be fitting. Much like a parasite, the Beast will slowly kill you — and possibly others along the way — in order to survive.