Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
... since AVRT is a registered trademark, what are you able to do in terms of using the term AVRT in forum posts, blogs, books, etc?

I would really like to write an article/some instructions on using AVRT for food addiction. Would I be allowed to reference it as AVRT and publish it online?
My understanding is that AVRT is registered in order to prevent it from being incorporated into an addiction treatment program or being offered as a professional service, which would alter its meaning as a method of self-recovery. If you are thinking of using it in a book, I would suggest contacting Rational Recovery directly to get permission to do so.

RR, according to our own definition, is the concept of self-recovery from substance addiction. We have compiled the lore of self-recovery into a simple educational format called Addictive Voice Recognition Technique® (AVRT)...

RRS, Inc., denies the use of the names Rational Recovery® and AVRT® to the professional community, to public institutions, and to the recovery group movement. Very significantly, RRS, Inc., grants a blanket license in perpetuity for any individual to use all of its registered trademarks as a way to describe how he or she has chosen to become permanently abstinent from alcohol and other drugs.

From "RR: A Legacy Of The People, By The People, And For The People"

Copyright © The Journal of Rational Recovery, March - April, 1999