Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by Dominorose View Post
Yes she used it
And yes, I think I will read it. It is not always the same as alcohol, because I HAVE to eat to stay alive, so I can't be "totally abstinent" or something like that...

What I want to know exactly is how I have to react when I feel the urges to binge or restrict? Do I have to tell the Beast ''no I don't want too", or something else? Because Kathryn Hansen wrote she just had to ignore it...

I tried to ignore it, but it is like ignoring the pink elephant next to me. Just impossible...
I'm not expecting any formal legal advice here—and don't wish to steer this thread off-topic—but since AVRT is a registered trademark, what are you able to do in terms of using the term AVRT in forum posts, blogs, books, etc?

Although it's going to take me a long time, I would really like to write an article/some instructions on using AVRT for food addiction. Would I be allowed to reference it as AVRT and publish it online? Obviously, I would credit Jack Trimpey/RR for coining the term and would not pass it off as my own.

And, yes, it is much more complicated to apply this to food. AVRT is simple if you want to use it to not do something. But it becomes trickier when it is to do something. Even something like exercising, for example. I might make a Big Plan to exercise three times per week. There are mitigating circumstances (if you're ill for example) where you can't exercise. In such cases how would you determine if you are ill enough so that it is you legitimately deciding you shouldn't exercise, or your lazy beast?

Food addiction is far more complicated as your ideal diet can change over time and based on the amount of physical activity you have taken part in that day. There are loads of other factors too.

Even though I do not have an eating disorder I would be interested in reading this book. Thanks, Dominorose.