Old 02-25-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by hosea57 View Post
The more I read, the more I want to read... It is like a light bulb was just switched on in my brain.
You are becoming aware of what is driving and maintaining your addiction. AVRT does not speak of 'spiritual awakenings', but this is indeed an 'awakening' of sorts. Kind of like flipping on the lights in a dark room, or coming to the surface after living in an underground cave — suddenly you can see.

Originally Posted by hosea57 View Post
The last time [my AV] told me to enjoy a glass of wine, I honestly seemed to be in line for the purchase before I knew what was happening to me... it was almost like I was driven there without my knowledge... Is it a point of me not recognizing my AV?
The Addictive Voice is essentially a separate persona unto itself, which has only one purpose — to get that next fix. The problem is that until exposed, it appears to be you, and you'll go on autopilot as if what the AV wants is what you want. This will become more clear once you read the book, but the 'Big Plan' of AVRT forces a separation between the AV and your true self. This is called the I/It split, and will put you in the driver's seat.