Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
My Beast is OPPORTUNISTIC above all else. I'm about to leave for a counseling appointment, for chrissakes, and my AV is chattering away in my head ... 'We're alone! No babysitter (i.e., my husband) to know if we grab a bottle of wine and hide it in our obnoxiously large handbag when we get home ...' SHUT UP already!! I'm running down the clock so I leave with barely enough time to get to the appointment so I at least am not able to grab some on the way there. I will be nothing but disgusted with myself in the morning if I give in to this pestering.
When IT is scared, IT lashes out by belittling you. I hear your AV telling you, since you are not going to be swallowing any alcohol, you have a marital relation in which you are a baby and your spouse is a baby-sitter, and the only way you can manage to keep alcohol out of your mouth is to create a rush situation because if you proceed safely and normally, IT will be able to make you drink.

It may be that your taste in purses did have to do with hiding booze. Well, now that you don't, make it squirm and get a small purse, and see if IT tells you you're now going to have to get the little bottles of airplane liquor.

The fastest way to eliminate ITs pestering is to make a Big Plan and expose its folly with the penetrating language of AVRT. Enjoy permanent abstinence. It's really nice.