Old 09-08-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Tsukiko, I think your understanding of what AVRT offers is absolutely correct. I will copy here from a related thread -
AVRT doesn't really care about you, your life, your moral failings, your childhood trauma, recent life events, they are all irrelevant. AVRT only provides the means to stay unconditionally sober, free from alcohol. You can devise and 'work' any self improvement program that strikes your fancy, and address any psychological, mental, emotional or spiritual issue you please. Maybe you should do exactly that, I dunno. You can actually get some traction in these pursuits if you are sober, something I could never do while drinking. I digress.

AVRT's sole focus is your big plan, I will never drink again and I will never change my mind. The concept that you must address your 'deeper issues' first, that you must have some sort of special experience or that you must do anything at all before you can stop drinking, or that you must do 'the real work' so that you never again drink, is nothing more than your alcoholic voice. Phooey.
Welcome.