Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Originally Posted by Obladi
So It is confident It has the upper hand (paw, claw, talon). It's MO is the sneak attack at the most opportune moments for It.
I dunno. Could that be you projecting your own lack of confidence? Which in itself would be a form of AV, but one you can control. In fact, I think you can control all of it; the Beast is nothing without you. It can't attack you unless you let it.

Take RR's wiggle-the-finger test. Shows the Beast has no physical power, right? I don't think it has any independent ability to reason, either. I see it as pure drive, not a calculating, reasoning, scheming entity. It creates the emotional impetus that leads me to calculate, reason, and scheme on its behalf—until I learn to recognize it. Once I can recognize it, it can't even think. It's just desire—nothing else. The urge will surface now and then, but it's random as far as I can tell. There's been no grand traps along the way, no surprise ambushes.

The Beast can still move about, and perhaps it always will, but there's no place left for it to hide.