Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I do not know how to NOT talk back to AV.
I recognize It, I acknowledge It as the voice of the Beast.
Don't argue, don't debate, don't give it little answers.

You haven't made a Big Plan, Obladi, so this debate is likely going to continue, because at best, you are thinking "Yes, the Beast wants me to drink, but maybe I want to drink too? I never decided I wouldn't."

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Earlier today, I was very firm and It cowered.
But as practiced AVRTers know, the Beast is crafty and ruthless.
Needling at me all afternoon and evening, every time I was driving from here to there (which was a fair amount).
Yesterday was "easier," just holed up at home and refusing to go anywhere.
But this seems like a cowardly answer.

I want to say "NO. Be still."
You are afraid of the Beast, and are trying to silence the AV, which can't be done. You fear that if the Beast will not stop barking, that you will succumb to its demands. The problem is, every time you respond, you encourage it, and like an encouraged dog, it just keeps barking, expecting that you will eventually get tired of debating and drink.

Your Beast is a master of disguises and illusion, Obladi, and it is puffing itself up to intimidate you. The Beast is only a bodily desire without the means to fulfill itself, and once you understand this, you will not be afraid of it.

Stare it down and lay the matter bare. Next time your Beast barks for a drink, try telling it you'll drink if it can wiggle your fingers. Promise it truckloads of booze if it can just move your fingers. Look at your hands while doing this.

BTW, have you read the "RR: The New Cure" book?