Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Meredith, sorry for posting out of turn, but your post was riveting. I say this because I was told something similar on the day of my last drink. It was my father, mother, wife and daughters that were there, and they did exactly what you said that you did.
'You are about to lose your marriage, the respect of your children forever, your home, your job, and then things will start to go downhill for you. So, do whatever you have to do, but you need to choose between alcohol and your life as you know it because you cannot have both. You are only going to get one chance to make this good, so what is it going to be?'
That day was August 22, 2011 and I haven't had a drink since. That is one year of sobriety coming up on this Wednesday. I sincerely hope that you and your DH make that celebration trip in a year.

A side note is that Pa said these things to me, and we all talked as you did with your husband, a month before I knew anything about AVRT. Even today, they have no idea who J Trimpey is or what RR stands for. That is one reason of many why RR rings so true for me.