Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
May I, please?
I like helping other people.
I know that I make a difference.
Sometimes, my empathy makes me sad for other people in their situations, but this is part of my character that makes me effective in helping them.
Sometimes my empathy rouses my beast and my AV tells me 'I am no better than them and will fail at sobriety', but this is not true.
I will never drink again, and I will not change my mind.
Is this what you were referring to, Robby?
No, I'm afraid not, Fresh. I've noted that nonetheless Obladi confirms you've nailed it, lol. Interesting.

I was not refering to the empathy extended by Obladi, but more her claim that sometimes she seemingly extends too much empathy, and this "extra" impacts her internal workings. Impact suggests a negative result, and this negative result works against her empathetic desires to help others because she is challenged within herself helping others.

So, the idea here for the Beast to work with would be that caring for others sometimes creates a doubt of how much empathy is too much/not enough. This then can be used against herself too, that she may care too much or not enough about herself in similar situations. Empathy by definition means being aware of others having certain respective thoughts/feelings, and can also mean identifying with those samewise thoughts/feelings of others to the point of "been there myself", related by same experience, and so on.

The bottom line here is that the Beast has some room to work with the idea that Obladi can sometimes care too much about whatever, and so she should likely check herself. All doubt is addictive voice.