Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Robby,

Hi yourself.

Thanks.
I've made it halfway through the RR book, and hear/understand what you are saying about the AV never being right about anything having to do with thought. It wants what it wants and that's all. Noted.
Welcome, for sure.
Yeah, the Beast is all about addictive desire, and is pretty dumb otherwise. Still though, it is not to be under estimated when it comes to warping addictive desires. Way clever in that arena is the Beast, is my experience.

I do see it as my Beast talking to me. I don't think the Beast listens to anything. It's not capable of "listening." It only wants what it wants. Nope, don't think listening to the Beast is helpful at all. Just working on deciphering which is which.
The Beast knows what we know in intimate detail, and so in a manner all its own, it does "listen" for doubt, weakness, addiction ambivalences, etc. It does attempt to take advantage of confusion, selfishness, unsettled feelings, and so on.

Yes, listening to the Beast "talk" is not helpful, and yet, we do need an awareness of the seperation of our Addictive Voice and our normal thinking. It is important to realise that the Beast's "talk" is a part of our normal thinking. It is the twisted addictive desire which is maladjusted, and not our thinking. Here again, AV recognition is essential.

I do not "see" what is AV about the first sentence you bolded. Unless you think it's pure rubbish. To which I might take offense, but have at it.
No problem. I don't see it as pure rubbish in the least. Actually, I see the humanity in your wording.

"See, *I like* being helpful to other people
and I really think am *sometimes*,
but I think that at times I am *too empathetic*
and it *impacts* my own *internal workings*."

Nonetheless, I see AV with self-doubt being introduced with the idea that you caring for others can sometimes work against you. This opens a door to begin a critical dialogue with you, tailored by your Beast, at your expense, while it chips away at your resolve to enjoy helping others, and challenging your feelings of empathy.

Positively restating your empathetic desires, efforts, challenges, and results, would very much exclude your Beast from tampering with those *sometimes* you become impacted, okay?

We really don't want to give the Beast even an inch. It really is unrelenting in taking every advantage it can scrape up, so the more we can kick it down and leave it hurting and howling, the better we do, yeah?

Tell me, Obladi, what do you think of my "having at it" ?!