Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Originally Posted by MrsKing View Post
I'm definitely nowhere near as informed as the guys on this thread
All available evidence points to the contrary, Mrs. King.

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
is it wise or not so wise to hang out on SR at all? (Aside from perhaps reading this voluminous thread from beginning to end.)
I will look forward to others chiming in on this, Obladi. Certainly, your AV will latch onto anything it can, and spin it in a way that supports future drinking. One of the tenets of AVRT is that it's possible—I suppose some might even argue it's preferable—to recover without any peer support whatsover. Excellent topic, even if a bit ironic given the venue.

Me, I feel the insights and support I received on SR were extremely helpful in the beginning. Now I come here more for the intellectual engagement, and because I like to cheer people on. Watching folks succeed is just plain fun. And I find some of the people here to be inspirational in ways that go well beyond recovery.

I guess I'm a soft touch in that regard. However, I am becoming a merciless hardass when it comes to my AV. If it wants to take a run at me while I'm on SR, fine. Bring. It. I'll send the beast scurrying back to its cage in the time it takes 2granddaughters to say "AA."