Old 08-12-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Why think better of it? That's one of the points of SR. You don't have to share any more than you want... and you never have to share any less, either.
Because I have questions, but they come with explanations as to where they come from and I haven't digested the thread nor read the book and so it seems a little... premature? presumptuous? something... to jump right in.

But now you got me typing, so I do have one question. I'm thinking that my AV seems to listen to those of others. Does that make sense? And if so, is it wise or not so wise to hang out on SR at all? (Aside from perhaps reading this voluminous thread from beginning to end.)

Hi, Obladi. Glad to see you here. While you are digesting this monster of a thread, believe 100% in your own ability to get and stay sober. Next, tune your hearing to notice any doubt in your ability and assign it to you know what. Of course it isn't you. You don't drink any more, and you are not changing your mind.
Hi yourself, fresh. I have no doubt in my own ability to get and stay sober. And I am very in tune to that feeling right this moment that translates to *wth, you made it through Friday and Saturday, let's relax now!* Makes me very anxioius, that b****

I need to develop skills to anticipate and react to her calmly. Right now, it's like I'm pretending to be the alpha dog facing down a mastiff the same size as I am and she kinda scares me, really, but I'm trying not to let on. Fake it til you make it?

I guess that was two questions...